Friday, October 23, 2009

Sydney part two & a lovely surprise!

Hi everyone,
Something special arrived in the mail from my stitchers angel all the way from Germany ( I now know). The paper Heike wrapped the parcel in had the dearest little quilt blocks printed on it so I was really excited to open it up. As this is the first time I have participated in the swap I was touched by the generousity of spirit and the beauty of Heike's skill.
I now have a very special needle case for travelling, a beautiful Christmas wall hanging and the perfect bag to hold all my buttons. Thank you Heike. My swap items are on their way too, I really hope my swap partner enjoys her parcel as much as I have. Will show you what I sent after she receives them...can't spoil the surprise yet!

It's about time I finished my Sydney saga . Okay, I did mention the visit to the ABC studios last post but I have to show you a sneak peek of BIG TED from Play School ( an iconic Australian children's television show that has been on air forever ...well almost!) having a rest in one of the corridors. Couldn't not take a snap of that.
Our trip ended on a very high note with front row seats ( thanks to our very savy group organiser) to Street Car Named Desire - Sydney Theatre Company. It really was a fantastic performance by all and we really were excited to see Cate Blanchet up close and personal so to speak. Beautiful theatre and surrounds as well.

A bit of a walk, but a perfect evening. Lovely old cobble stones, walls and fixtures heading to the old docks. I'm pretty sure there was a fancy restauraunt on the other side of that door.

Creepy old stairs, but oh, so much character!


And we're here.



A little bit of inner city fun.
Bye for now
Deb

2 comments:

Stephanie - My Calico Heart said...

Lovely swap gifts! I hope you have enjoyed your first Secret Angel Stitching Swap. I love your photos, Sydney is on my 'must do' list, I'll have to win the Lotto first though lol

Wattlebee said...

Hope you do get to come on over Stephanie. Sydney is a vibrant and creative hub....just a long way away! I know I would love to visit Ireland...that's on MY list.
Really enjoyed the swap and I felt very blessed. I'm pretty sure I read about in your blog first, so thank you for that.
Has that sewing machine of yours has been whirring along?
Deb

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails