Thursday, July 29, 2010

The old days

Not exactly our flight home...but what a display! I love the glass and the open expanse of light and sky.
A panel of a very pretty quilt ( not the best photography through glass) made by Martha Bergin in 1843. Born in Ireland, she moved to Australia in 1851 and lived a full and adventurous life. This beautiful delicate handstitched work was spotted at the museum. Her father was a draper so she obviously had a great choice of fabric scraps to work with. So much detail.


Paragon shoes...I don't think I'd get too far in those.




No visit to Melbourne would be complete without seeing Pharlap.



A view of the city.
Just taking a break from transferring all my treasures to my almost complete studio. It is such a lovely space and I feel very lucky to have it. Will take some up to date photos to share as soon as it stops raining. We have little things like trims and the front door to paint but apart from that...it's all good! I'll get some benches made to suit the sewing machines and office area later but for now any old desk etc will do.
Is it raining where you are? I don't mind if it keeps raining until the weekend, so much nicer to work with the gentle sound of rain splattering over the metal roof.
Have a lovely day
Deb

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails