Saturday, May 10, 2008

A sneak Peek!


It's a great feeling to finish a project and be really happy with the results. I have to say I'm delighted ( slightly biased of course) with this one. Started out a real pain as I played with countless fabrics & ideas, but at the twelfth hour (literally), she is complete & ready to go.

Due to magazine agreements etc I can only give a little glimpse now but I hope you find her in the Birthday Issue of Aust Country Threads....I think it's out in August ?

I'm just adding a little blush...it makes them come alive as soon as there is a little colour in their cheeks, don't you think! I use an artist quality chalk pastel and apply it with a dry soft paint brush, a little at a time.

Last weekend was a long weekend....love them! This is a shot looking out at the beach early one morning. The day started dullish but ended up glorious. I was told the day before was even better on the beach but I opted for a big sleep in and a read-a-thon that day, so completely missed it.

I love the way the light hits the water way out on the horizon.

Happy sewing
Deb









No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails