Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Yummmm!


I made this pie from a recipe my mum had been making for a while and I finally got around to trying it. I wouldn't normally make pies very much, but as it's gotten a little cooler lately I thought it the perfect time to give it a go. Absolutely delicious!

Thought I'd share....you need about 1 kg of chicken (thigh fillets are best for this), 40-50 grams dried shitake mushrooms( soak in water to soften), 4 spring onions, 1-2 tblspns plain flour, 1/2 cup chicken stock, Puff pastry, 1 good tblspns each of Soy sauce, Oyster sauce & Hoisin sauce.
Dice the chicken & fry in heavy pot with a little oil till browned. Add flour and stir. Add chicken stock, mushrooms, shallots & sauces, stir well and cook for 10 min. Remove from heat, cool a little while you prepare the puff pastry. We cut the pastry sheets to line a Texas muffin tray making 6 pies. Brush edges with egg yolk, top with a circle of pastry and brush top with egg. Make a couple of small cuts in the top of each pie and bake in mod-hot oven till brown.

Enjoy!
Deb
ps. makes approx 10 large muffin size pies. (If I'm lucky....lots of taste testers in this house) :)
It's just as good using beef too!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails