Thursday, November 6, 2008

Just Steamy!

Hi Everyone,
Another steamy day...weather I mean. It's been so humid we just don't feel like doing more than we have to at the moment. The humidity brings crackling storms and pretty impressive light shows....and rain. My fruit trees and vegies are growing at a rapid rate. Actually found a cucumber that the bugs had missed, they must have been busy on the tomatoes, lucky me!

I don't think the family was that impressed with the cucumber either as it was quite prickly and required intense dermabrasion before using.

We have such wonderful customers at Wattlebee. It's always so nice to receive an email and I appreciate the kind words and friendliness. Holly has sold two packets of her buttons and has been busily making more.....so exciting for her. I think there are only 3 weeks left of school for another year and I'm looking forward to the holidays too. Plenty of time for lots of creating.

I have been making quite a few aprons as a result of the Newsletter that just went out. I love screen printing so it's been so much fun. The little birds design will be advertised in the new year.
January will be a busy month as dolls will be appearing in Australian Homespun and Australian Country Threads magazines to start off the year. One is an Australiana doll the other is for an applique special.

Trying to finish the last of my study. Three weeks left until last submission - one more project to go. I'm working on a local site, an historic cemetery, it's pretty run down and sad looking and I'm mapping certain areas. I always feel better taking someone with me when I visit to take photos, as it's too isolated and over grown in parts....a big baby!

This is a view of the entrance to the cemetery...I must admit it was a gloomy day and it isn't that bad when the sun is out.


This is a very clever art work by UK artist Susan Stockwell - Titled: South America.
It is made from used coffee filters....how clever is that!

Best wishes

Deb

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails