Sunday, October 26, 2008

Aprons completed

Hi everyone,

Finished two of the aprons yesterday after finally tracking down just the type of natural tape that I wanted for the ties....just a tiny bit hard to get. Haven't had time to pop them in the shop yet but will over the next couple of days.
I had big plans for this weekend, all ready with the new fabric colours etc and as generally happens, plans change. But all for the good as we had a lovely relaxed roast lunch this Sunday, something we don't normally get to do, and this took up most of the morning with preparation. The boy's had been out trying to catch sand crabs from about 4 am and as you could imagine were pretty tired by afternoon but their efforts did result in a wok full of chilli crab. An early night for all I think! A pretty nice alternative weekend though.

Holly has been making the most gorgeous little softies. She made two this weekend and has drawn up a real cutie to make next.


Here's Bernie -he has a lovely doc flannel face which just feels wonderful to touch.
She's almost finished a cute little orange print with flower softie ( these are rabbits) and then the new design. The hard part is getting her to clean up afterwards though.

Well it's off to work tomorrow and there is a art exhibition for the senior girls to attend to so it will be a busy few days. Thank goodness it's part time as I wouldn't get anything else done. Just love it though.

Uni is coming along fine. I felt completely exhausted after first submission and felt like crying after mailing my work.....not uncommon as I've since learnt. But this second half is okay. I was ironing my last project and burnt a hole in the organza fabric...actually melted onto my iron, well it turned into a plus as it suits the theme even better. I'll never admit that it was a mistake and not intentional. Did have to buy a new iron though.

Take care and happy creating.
Deb

1 comment:

Stephanie - My Calico Heart said...

Hi, that apron looks perfect for Christmas Day, really lovely! Tell Holly I love the softie, I also think shes got real talent.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails