Sunday, October 19, 2008

The most fun!

Hi everyone,

This weekend has been such a lot of fun, don't you love it when a plan works!

All I wanted to do in this long weekend was screen print and everything went really well. A few mistakes...I mean experiments, and we were off and running.

I have a few sneak peeks for you. The first print is a special one for Xmas as it's a Poinsettia flower ( which always makes me think of Christmas). I've screen printed it onto beautiful 100% linen destined to be journal covers - I thought they would make lovely gifts or just to record your special Christmas ( great for sizes, what to buy and wish lists too). Tomorrow is the big sewing day so I'll have a finished one to show after that. I'm also offering really yummy aprons for a great look on Christmas Day. They too are printed on pure linen and look great.

This one pictured is a mini version for a little kitchen helper.



The following bird print is really cute....decided to print in chocolate colour on natural linen. These are pre cut for A5 Journal covers. I'm padding and stitching before making up a sample cover tomorrow.
I'll package them as kits so that you will have a pattern and can make up the pre cut & printed fabric....great for gifts!


The linen makes them feel so special and will last forever. I feel ready to get stuck into lots more as Holly has been making samples with gorgeous bright, fun colours that can be embellished...more on that very soon.

Off to play an Agatha Christie mystery game with the kids then a good nights sleep ready for another big day.

Happy sewing

Deb

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails