Wednesday, December 10, 2008

last minute

Hi everyone,
Just wanted to show you our latest goodies for Christmas. We have made two new Spice Angels dressed in vintage doileys, linens and lace. Holly and I had a great time digging through the large stash of vintage materials collected over time to find just the right bits & pieces . It's been a while and I had forgotten some of the treasures packed away. We love making these dolls as it is such a lovely way to use gorgeous old materials. They smell Christmassy too; the hearts are filled with cloves.


The first one has blue accents with a lovely old blue bird doiley and "french blue" shoes.

The bottom doll features an autumn toned doiley and "maple syrup" painted shoes. The best part is bringing them to life by blushing thieir cheeks....they 'warm up'.

Holly has been busy on her own too. There are more licorice allsort buttons and the cutest little plum pudding buttons avaliable in the Wattlebee shop now.

Plum Pudding Buttons - so cute!
These cute Holly leaves and Berry Beads are perfect for making an original pair of earrings but could be used on any Christmas project.

Licorice Allsorts - New colours and styles

Holly likes to make sure all the holes are clean in her buttons and we have the perfect size drillbit hidden away, I say hidden as our drill went missing, then one by one the bits went too. Lovely sons like to use them but they don't remember to give them back. I have to hide my scissors too! I hope Santa brings me a new pair....I've hinted a lot! Perhaps ones that give an electric shock to anyone not using them for fabric...ha ha!

Hope you are well underway with Christmas preparations and not feeling too stressed.


Best wishes

Deb

5 comments:

Ana Soares said...

Hi Deb, your pretty angels show to us how magic and holly is Christmas and remember us that the life is beautiful, then I want wish for you Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from Brazil.
Ana

mum said...

Hi Deb - hope that the Xmas elves come and make my craft area as tidy as yours - the closer it gets, the busier I get, the messier it gets - you know the picture!!!

Hope that Santa brings more scissors for you - I am finding that it is easier to "just buy another" than to try and find things that are "missing" - by Easter I find that I have lots of doubles!!! Have a safe and happy Xmas - Lynda NSW

Anonymous said...

Hi Debra! Another fantastic year of doll making!!! My time has been put aside somewhat with my daughter's extensive dance commitments - it's all good tho! Your angels are gorgeous - they look very peaceful and happy! Well done again, best wishes, and a very Happy Christmas and New Year! Jenny (Ivanhoe, Vic)

linny said...

Hi Debra,
Love your angels. Also congratulations to Holly for her beautiful buttons. She is doing a great job. Haven't heard anything about a club of any description for next year, hope there is one. Always enjoy receiving my parcels.
Have a wonderful Christmas with lots of designing
Lyn(Bris)

Stephanie - My Calico Heart said...

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and your family.
Stephanie xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails