Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Renewal

Happy New year to you all,

I know this is a little late as we are already half way through January, but we were having such a good holiday that no one wanted to come home. I say that knowing that we love being home it's just so nice escaping for a while.

I always love the start of a new year. It really does seem like a chance to do things better and improve on what we learnt the previous year. I must confess we still have Christmas decorations and a tree to put away though, so it really doesn't quite seem like 2008 has passed.
A nice way to start the year is with a new project in Australian Homespun Mag. "Wattle" was a lot of fun to make so if you can get yourself a copy I'm sure you will enjoy making her.

I didn't forget about the competition. Thank you so much to the lovely ladies that left comments, it's always great to hear from you and I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and are fully invigorated for 2009.
Congratulations to Linny, her name was drawn and her pattern awaits - (Linny just let me know which pattern you would like and a postal address to send it to).

I wanted to share some images taken while we were away and some exquisite little flowers that were begging to be photographed. We used one of the images taken to create a new fresh banner for 2009.
This beautiful Crepe Myrtle from our garden is almost ready to open it's blooms. Each petal is so tightly packed into it's little bud just ready to burst.

This gorgeous Bougainvillea flowers in profusion at our front door. High maintenance as it is; grows overnight and is thorny....but how could you not enjoy that colourful sight.

This little plant(pigface) was found on the beach one morning while we were walking.
This is one of the boys worming. Drag something smelly like fish frames over the sand and up pop sand worms. Some of them are as thick as a pencil and over a mt. long. I haven't been able to catch one ( don't really want to either) but the kids have the knack.

This was the bonus for staying longer. My middle son caught this 25lb Golden Trevally off the beach. He was pretty proud of himself and it was delicious to eat as well.


Well holidays are over so it's back to work...new dolls available soon.

We also have an ETSY store( see side bar) for all the things we like to make that are a little different.

Best wishes

Deb

1 comment:

Stephanie - My Calico Heart said...

Sounds like you all had a great holiday! I will look out for the Homespun mag, we are a little behind in our editions here in the UK. My husband is very jealous of that Trevally, I love the flowers!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails