Sunday, January 25, 2009

Doll Club

Hi Everyone,

We've been hibernating here trying to stay cool, it's too humid to do anything much outside that you don't need to do. Which I must admit is ideal for crafting.

I wasn't going to continue the doll club this year as I had so much on my plate I didn't think I could do it justice, but I had so many lovely emails asking about when it would start again that I knew I just had to do it. We will be starting in February and all the info for 2009 will be on the website in the next couple of days.
Here's a sneak preview of the first doll. She appears complicated but believe me she isn't. I love making items in a "cushion" type style and I have done the bunch of flowers she holds in this manner. I did a similar small bunch for the Australian Country Threads, Mother's Day doll.

So easy, and really effective.
The second doll is a real cutie, she sports a hula hoop and will be ready for show and tell soon.

Australian Country Threads this month also has a contribution from me called Happy Heart. It was for the applique special so she has some nice applique hearts on her dress.

Heres the cover.The boys are at the beach again trying to catch some more big fish, dare I say they are "hooked". We have a long weekend to celebrate Australia Day on the 26th. I'm sure the beach will be packed.

I mentioned our Etsy store previously and there are a number of new items that we had fun making. Here are a few pencil/office/locker cases that we have made.....Holly made matching charms to dress up the zip pulls.

This one belongs to the cup cake one.


I thought the cases would be perfect for bits & pieces that would be handy to keep at work like spare keys, deodorant, paracetamol, phone chargers etc. Holly likes them as pencil cases as they hold 'everything'!! Check them out at 2bees.etsy

These are the gorgeous versions of 'Kitey' being made by the lovely ladies in Bohdana's doll club in Prague. I love all the different colour combinations.
I thought 2009 should start with an updated profile photo with the addition of my brand new, super cool googles. I can see for miles now! ( The kids say I look like Rosemary from that tv show - Ladette to Lady.......... poor Rosemary!)
Now I should get back to Miss Hula Hoop!
Happy sewing,
Deb
Ps. Stephanie, wish we were in your winter wonderland.

1 comment:

Stephanie - My Calico Heart said...

I will willingly swap you some wet, cold, windy, frosty, foggy, dark mornings and nights for some sunshine - although I can't promise that I will send it back to you LOL

Love the new profile pic, I haven't posted one yet, I don't want to scare people away !!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails