Saturday, January 31, 2009

Here's Harriet

Hi Everyone,

I have finally pressed the "send" button to despatch an essay I was doing on Renaissance painting techniques. I feel free, at least for the weekend anyway. The assignment was really interesting but time consuming and I will need to get reading again for one more essay before the fun starts with Print Making. Anyway, the break mean't I could show you Harriet. She is rather cute and once again fairly easy to put together. Her hair is painted on...so not too fiddly and her clothes are fun to applique while relaxing. I was stitching while watching the cricket.
Hope you like her. Harriet is No.2 (April) in Doll Club.

I used a lovely spotty Moda fabric to finish the sample and they work really well.....spots within spots!
This little iced vo vo biscuit will not break any New Year's diet resolution, it's a sweet little polymer clay button from the "Treat" collection. Holly has made lamingtons, choc chip cookies, jam on toast, lemon tarts, choc biscuits with vanilla cream.......all sorts of goodies! All available in mixed packs & singularly from the Wattlebee Website.

And as I take my victories where I find them.......I think I have also triumphed over the little bug that has been destroying my passionfruit. I was only recently feeling very smug having spied the biggest crop ever to then find spoiled fruit dropping on the lawn. So I put together a little trap and voila! I am at least retaining most of the fruit.
Deb 1 - bug 0, ha ha.
I've even sent out the first Newsletter for '09....good stuff!

Take care & happy sewing
Deb

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Deb, we women are great multi taskers! Sometimes I wonder why I create extra work for myself, but life would be very boring otherwise and what would we have to complain/comment about, haha! Life is so short and I have so many ideas and wishes so off I go again, creating, Love it!! Harriet is gorgeous, like all your dolls!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails