Tuesday, March 17, 2009

wabbits

Hi everyone,

Almost Easter, looking forward to another break ( always seem to be saying that), but it's true.

It's been a hell of a month. I was diagnosed with Diabetes just over a week ago, which explained alot about how I have been feeling lately, and just getting back on track now. My unpicker and I have become firm mates. I tried to sew last week and ended up leaving it in frustration as I had sewn the same bit three times, all wrong!

I do have something to share though.....did take a little longer than expected, but at least they are ready before Easter. I think they are cute enough to display all year actually, and now that I'm going to be a grandmother.....perfect for a little nursery decorating. There is a cot quilt to match coming too.

These little guys are made from cotton gingham lined with iron-on fabric interfacing. They have felt tummies, embellished with applique flowers, buttons and stitched with bright perle thread. I have weighted their bottoms with sand so that they will stand for display.

Fairy Queen, which is the third project for the Doll Club this year is almost ready to photograph, so she'll be the next show and tell.

Take care

Deb

ps. Beth ( Here's Harriet - comment) please forgive my slackness. If you are interested in a free pattern from the $16.50 range as mentioned in Newsletter, let me know a postal address & your choice. Deb

2 comments:

Stephanie - My Calico Heart said...

Hi Deb, I love those gingham rabbits, just perfect for a nursery. I am looking forward to seeing the photo of the Fairy Queen, please look after yourself. Hugs Stephanie x

linny said...

Hi Deb,
The rabbits are very cute. Hope you are starting to feel a bit better.
Lyn S.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails