Sunday, April 5, 2009

Sewing at last!

Hi everyone,

At last, everything is as it should be. I had a great weekend, sewing, sewing and more sewing madly. I really missed this.
Now, what have I got to show for it? Fairy Queen is finished and I'm thrilled with how she turned out. There are a couple of new designs that sprung from this fabric and I'm hard at work on those too ..........a good holiday project I think! Here are some closeups of her for now and I'll take a full photo in daylight for next post.
I just love embellishing fabric and felt is wonderful to work with. No need to hem the skirt either!

We've been having a lot of rain and everything is growing ...actually too much as the vegie garden resembles a jungle. I have quite a bit of weeding to do.....and mulching and adding some chook poo before I plant these guys. The new tomato is a berry variety, sounds cute. More cucumbers, zucchini and lots of herbs to plant.
You really can't help being inspired by all the beautiful fabrics out there. These are some of the gorgeous fabrics I have added to my stash recently.

The red and navy are destined to be made into a new bag design I'm working on. I have some gorgeous buttons that I brought back from Melbourne last year that will be perfect.
Well back to work, I have a printmaking unit to complete now. Learning about Monotypes and Lino / wood cut printing. Lots of fun but pretty messy.
Take care
Deb

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails