Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A new year

Happy New Year everyone, hope it's everything you want it to be.
Back to reality for me after a fantastic break. Hope everyone enjoyed a great Christmas holiday season too. Just a couple of pics taken on our afternoon walk...too hot during the day, this is about 4.30 -5 pm and it was still warm yet pleasant. Decided to take the steps down to the beach, great going down but the legs start to quiver on the way back up:)

The life guard hut looking up towards Fraser Island.
This beautiful sea turtle popped up while the boys were out in the dinghy....very special !!

Does anyone recognise this? It is a very pretty sea anenome type thing that was near a crab pot. Probably deadly? didn't touch of course.

I managed to finish the "Dotty' quilt...really happy with it.


We were able to have it road tested while away and it passed with flying colours - this is Olivier meeting Dotty.

Pretty exciting stuff!!




Dotty's legs were a hit ...and yes, they went straight in his mouth!!

Would you believe this was in a fern just outside mum's back door. After a frantic phone call, we ( not me actually) managed to keep watch until it moved off. It was a very big carpet snake, pretty harmless I know but it gave me the creeps...really don't like snakes, sorry about that. I am definitely not a country girl and this was in the thick of suburbia/city.



It was an all creatures great and small kind of holiday...lots of fun and mostly relaxing.
Looking forward to showing you some new designs.
Take care,
Deb
ps. Homespun January issue has my new doll contribution.

3 comments:

WendyW said...

Hi Debra

A Happy New Year to you and your family. I love all your dolls and have quite a few of them. I have made some for myself and for my friends as presents. My very most favourite doll is Washerwoman and I am so lucky that I got to purchase the very own original one. She takes pride of place on my little antique laundry cupboard. She is one of my treasured dolls. It is funny because I did not have many dolls as a child coming from a family of 8 where we had to share everything but now as an adult, I get to have as many as I want!! Thanks again for all your beautiful inspiring patterns. Love, Wendy

Wattlebee said...

Hi Wendy,
I knew Washerwoman would have a perfect home. I've always loved dolls and I have a FEW too!! Have fun with the new additions.
Many thanks for sending along this comment.
Best wishes
Deb

Bev said...

Hi Debra,
I have to agree with Wendy, Washer Woman is my favorite. She would look right at home in my sewing/craft room since my washer & dryer occupy one corner. All of your creations are so cute it is hard to pick just one as a favorite.

Happy stitching,
Bev

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails