Monday, February 1, 2010

Blink and you'll miss it!

Hi everyone,

What happened to January? Can you believe we're into our second month of 2010? I hate having to write the whole 2010 thing, no short '09 anymore....I have to stop myself from trying to abbreviate it. That's my little whinge for today :)
On a brighter note Bev's comment was drawn out of the hat and I'll be posting out an Ada pattern to her in the next couple of days. Thank you all for taking the trouble to comment here and via lovely emails.
The weather has been quite violent with strong wind and pelting rain. There is a cyclone or two floating around and causing wet miserable conditions. My plants do love the rain though and it was really nice being inside catching up on some pattern writing and study, and cooler too.
I have some pictures of gorgeous dolls made by Angela ( from Brazil) from some Wattlebee patterns. Angela is a very talented lady and the results are fabulous. This is Florence looking very swish in her pearls and stylish black, red & white. I'll post more soon. Thanks Angela.

The wet conditions made this weekend ideal for catching up on some drawing for my next study unit. This is what I came up with for body in space. It could be out of scale/proportion etc, so I let my imagination run.

I used charcoal pencils for this. Don't think it means anything profound or deep...I just really like birdcages ( nice architectural lines) and this body shape ( I took a photo) worked well. I've been drawing lots of feet for this project...they are really quite nice to draw.
The Homespun Magazine project is out this coming week. I was under the impression it was a January issue so my appologies if anyone has been looking out for it.

Take care,

Deb

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails