Saturday, March 6, 2010

Laaambert!!

Hi Everyone,
Does anyone remember Laaambert? Lambert the sheepish lion etc......, was a song mum sang to us as kids about a lion that wanted to be a wild and woolly sheep. It's always stuck in my head and immediately came to mind when I started working on my next nursery quilt. The quilt doesn't have any lions on it but it does have cute little sheep. Show & tell next post.

Dotty is being tested at the moment and should be in the store very soon.
I have a few more photos from Moreton that I'd like to share.
Some of the students walking out at the Champagne Pools at low tide.

And a closer look......

This is the lighthouse at the North end of Moreton Island. It was really windy on the walk up but worth the effort. As I got closer to the top I held my hat to sheild my view of the cliff. I don't like heights so I had to pretend I was strolling on flat ground. It worked! The view was wonderful and the colours magnificent but I did stay well away from the rail.

Stopped for a few close shots of the natives.

Can you smell the sea?.


Beautiful yellow sandstone cliffs.

On the Saturday night we got word from the camp staff that a Tsunami warning had been issued and that the alarm may go off later that night. There was a bus ready to take us to high ground if that should happen and we were to leave everything and follow directions. I decided to go to bed in my day clothes and even contemplated wearing shoes just in case, it can be pretty tricky finding things at short notice and in unfamilar surroundings, but I laid them out ready to step right in. As it was we were very lucky and the tide was just very full. I have seen the devastation in Chile on the news and my heart aches for those affected.

Take care.

Deb

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails