Saturday, March 6, 2010

Back from camp

Hi Everyone,
Seems ages since I last wrote. I guess three weeks is a lot in blog land. The time between posts has been full of interesting adventures for two aspects of my life - school and Wattlebee.

School art camp was amazing, with such an inspiring venue, interesting people and creative program it was bound to be a memorable trip.

As many of you may be aware it is raining, raining, raining in this part of the globe. We certainly need the rain, but perhaps not on art camp. However, the rain really wasn't a problem. I found a new appreciation for walking in the rain ( cooled us down beautifully) and arriving on the island and having the sun come out, after a miserable start to the morning, was glorious.
This is taken just before we boarded the Micat ( vehicular ferry) at Port of Brisbane.

And arriving on Moreton Island. No, we weren't location scouting for another Pirates of the Carribean movie. These are the wrecks near Tangalooma. It's a good place to go snorkeling. I'm sure the sharks think it's okay too....we didn't go swimming. I'm also a wuss!!

For all of you that have visited or know Moreton Island, you will know what I mean.
All of our bags and equipment were loaded onto a 4WD bus and off we went to Bulwer which took about 30-40 min. Our driver took great care to make our entire stay lots of fun and the girl's appreciated his friendly nature and wit.

Area surrounding our cabins.

This gorgeous kookaburra kept a watchful eye over proceedings.
Lots more to show & tell in next post....we even had a Tsunami warning.

The new Wattlebee website is ready to go now and I'm so happy with the fresh look. It was a great opportunity to make changes and spring clean. I'm aiming for the 1st of April to change over as it will coincide with another new development. I'm really excited to announce that Helen Stubbings, a well respected name in crafting circles, and talented designer of her Hugs n Kisses range, will be publishing and distributing my patterns through Pattern Press. As life becomes busier it has been a challenge for me to balance all the things I love to do without compromising any of them. So for quite a while now I have been looking for just the right person to take over that aspect of my business, allowing me room to design and produce. The new website will reflect that and I will keep you up to date as things progress.

For now, I hope you enjoy a little of the Island paradise pictured above and some lovely day dreams.

Deb

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails