Wednesday, June 15, 2011

June happenings.

June is always a busy month for us. Two family birthdays, school holidays looming again and this year, preparations for Holly's school formal. This final senior year is flying along and it will be over all too soon. It is a very exciting one though as pathways for study and the future are mapped out. Better just worry about formal dress and shoes for now. That's drama enough!


The Textile Show was on last weekend and was a really interesting day out. I took a quick snap of this clever wearable art example...not sure about photography in there so It was very quick.

So much to see and do. I brought home some great new products for dyeing fabric, decolourants, wool & silk strands for embellishments and generally way too many things. Oh, I forgot the books...I love books and found two that were perfect additions to my resources. One was on interesting Shibori methods and the other on natural dyeing. I know I read too much and do too little at times but one day.........


The next exciting happening was the Surrealist exhibition at GoMA. Interesting and worth seeing if you are in town.




Rene Magritte, The red model

Back to Melbourne..... and down a little alley opposite Federation Square is Movida. Would like to eat at this Spanish restaurant one day. Heading down in August for the Tutankhamun exhibition so hopefully get a chance then. There is lots of graffiti and skateboarders too so plenty of atmosphere and colour.




Just had to show you these magnificent doors ( and daughter). I took this last April when we visited Nicola Cerrini's studio at the Abbotsford convent artist's community . The studio is actually to the left of pic and up a sharp flight of beautifully worn very old steps but I loved these doors too.

I've been playing around with Nuno felting scarves ( it's been extremely cold lately, well cold for Brisbane) and scarves have been on my mind. Dyeing, then embellishing. Hope I end up with something worth showing.


Take care for now,


Deb


ps. Thank you Stephanie & Bev for your kind thoughts, always appreciated.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails