Thursday, June 23, 2011

My b day

Wonderful family and friends made yesterday very special. Another birthday bites the dust but good memories are added to a very blessed life.
Holly made a cute chocolate cake as she is on holidays...the kitchen was also a surprise when I got home, but can't be annoyed at that after the effort. The cake below was one she was practising for her Home Economics exam. It was delicious also. She didn't end up topping with the extra berries but it was crowned with toffee shards, a strawberry and mint leaf. We don't watch MasterChef for nothing LOL.

The sponge cake and custard were made from scratch and after quite a few attempts ( we didn't mind tasting the rejects) EUREKA!! she got it! Those food stacking rings are great tools.


This gorgeous bird was a very special gift. Made all by hand with paper mache, painted and decorated with gorgeous patterned papers and completed with hand fashioned wire legs. The craftsmanship ( or should I say craftswomanship) is absolutely exquisite. If you are like me and love crafted birds especially these I can point you in the direction of the artist. I will have photos of her other birds soon to show & going to aquire some for sale myself so I'll post more info later on this. Too lovely not to share.

I am lucky enough to have wonderful friends at work and made to feel special with lovely gifts & greetings.
The most gorgeous scissors ...heading straight to the studio. Arty earrings wich I love, beautiful flowers, crafty magnets, chocs and birthday greetings....yep, very special.



Yellow roses are probably my fav & these certainly brightened up my day as well as work space.








Take Care and hope your day is special also,


Deb

1 comment:

Bev said...

Happy b'day, Deb. Oh, that cake look scrumptious!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails