Friday, November 25, 2011

This month

So much activity this month. November is flying away and I haven't recorded anything as yet. Thinking back it's been a month of preparation. Preparation for new projects, study, Holly's future and everything else in between.

Parcels have been arriving regularly...I think a couple delivery vans know the address quite well.
One such buy was my cute little bias machine. Okay, I guess it's not essential, but it was sooo cute! I saw it last year at the Melbourne trade show and decided I didn't want to cart it home on the plane. It works really well and very happy with it. The tray/extention table at the back of picture belongs to a deluxe rotary cutter that I also purchased. Now, the jury is still out on that one. I thought as I get sore wrists cutting with a normal rotary cutter it would be a good addition, but I can't seem to get a really straight cut which is vital if cutting for a quilt. I'm told it takes practise, will wait a little longer and see. If anyone has experience with this and can offer some advice I would be most grateful!
New triangle templates for my nursery quilt.


Oh, and I love wrapping parcels, so I have new string...loved the colour so that arrived too.


Nearly forgot! New tags.


And..my first clothing pattern has arrived. Olivier is my model so a few trials will be made over the holidays ready for grading. I haven't mentioned he'll be trialling the dress pattern yet...but he is only two so I don't think he will complain. Eagerly awaiting the rest of the patterns. Always dreamed of making childrens clothes especially when they can be good for us and the planet.


When I mentioned delivery vans heading my way, I wasn't kidding. Fabric, fabric and more fabric in readiness for the kids clothes has arrived. I love beautiful fabric and these are truly beautiful to look at and feel. The woven denim below is gorgeous, ethically & enviromentally manufactured and will be so comfortable to wear that I can't wait to get started.



Some interesting facts: hemp fibres are 25 times more durable than cotton; a low impact crop; breathe well, absorbs moisture and naturally resistant to damp, mould, mildew and bacteria, moths and silverfish. And best of all ( I have fair skinned kids) 100% hemp is 95%UV resistant.



This 100%hemp is soft and looks amazing. I have hemp/cotton blend t.shirt fabric also. Will be testing our screen printing and applique designs on these.



For now,


Deb

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails