Thursday, April 1, 2010

Marathon run

Hi Everyone,
No, I haven't actually run in any marathons, but the last couple of days have surely made me feel as if I have. It is nice to take time out and breathe.

Just before I tell you all the news...a little diversion. The 6th Asia Pacific Triennial is in Brisbane at Qld Art Gallery & GoMA. Beautiful exhibition and worth seeing if you are in town.

This is an incredible artwork by Subodh Gupta " Line of Control" using brass & copper utensils.
and this.... a communal art work making small flying devices ( planes, helicopters etc) from found objects.


My favourite...I think! This beautifully crafted artwork by Kohei Nawa " Pix Cell - Elk#2" this artwork transforms the body of a taxidermied elk ( bit yukky!) by covering it with transparent glass & acrylic beads. these beads fracture, distort & magnify the images captured inside the spheres.
Pretty impressive!!
Okay the water is a little BROWN ( silty I hope)
- view from the big ferris wheel at Sth Bank Brisbane AKA "The Wheel of Brisbane"

and another.

My news....well the new website is up & running...yeahh!! Still lots to do. After 6 years it was time to freshen up, rethink and reorganise. I have made some changes and one very important aspect is the Publishing and Distribution of my patterns in partnership with Pattern Press. I am delighted to announce this development. Helen and her team ( a BIG thank you!!) have been hard at work...now that was a marathon effort, processing the patterns. It will take some time before they are all in stock as despite all efforts there are only 24 hours in a day. As they say " it won't happen over night, but it will happen!
Let your favourite local craft shop know they can now order a supply from Pattern Press for a convenient option.
I'm looking forward to finishing " a little sheepish" a new nursery quilt over the Easter break and adding to the website.
I'd love to hear any comments about the new site/look.
Wishing you all a safe and peaceful Easter.
Take care
Deb
ps. Bohdana, best of luck with the International Doll Exhibition 9th of April in Prague.

1 comment:

linny said...

Hi Debra,
Have just been over to the new website, think it looks great, very easy to navigate, which is important for a computer novice like me. Looking forward to more new designs. Guess thre's no pattern club this year?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails