Sunday, August 21, 2011

This week

Holly and I have been practicing cake decorating on these cup cakes in readiness for an 18th birthday party in September. Holly wanted to make her friends cake as a special gift. Lots of work still to do on that but also lots of creative fun. These ones went to school so I wasn't tempted. I think we will try a white chocolate mud cake today. The weather is miserable...drizzling rain & quite cold, so perfect for baking.

You may wonder about the eclectic assortment today....these little guys are bandicoots courtesy of the Melbourne museum. I took the photo to compare what I have found digging up my garden. Little holes everywhere. I've never seen the holes before so whether it is due to recent floods or the cold snap I don't know but some shown above are endangered, some at risk. I suspect it is either the top middle or right long nosed species. They are so quick and elusive, and only spotted at night of course that I may never know.


Silence -2003 by Adrian Mauriks, at Dockside Melbourne.


And my little Tiger. He's almost 2yrs old...how time flies.


Take care

Deb

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails