Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Sew Sweet





I love going through my stash of fabrics, fabrics & more fabrics just to look at them, then refold & stack. I enjoy looking at the neat little piles of colour and sometimes that's all you need. I'm really pleased with this project ( a direct result of this activity), even though I didn't start the doll I should have & got a little side tracked, it was a lot of fun. I've taken a few pics to show you - I haven't put the binding on yet. I like making designs that are not only decorative, but are practical & useful too. This "Sew Sweet Tidy" lays over the arm of a lounge chair or similar and has a pocket for scissors, tape or cut threads ( I'm too messy....on the floor, clean up afterwards), a needle holder, pin cushion and a special pocket for your turning tool, pencil & brown pigma pen where children can't find them....yeah right! I'm going to make another for a gift.

This is my view at the moment looking out my sewing room window....remember the carport? Roof arriving tomorrow, should imagine it will all be on this weekend. At least it may curtail our cat's escape plans. She is obviously getting out through a window somewhere & having a ball on the framework while her silly owners are tip toeing around with a torch at midnight.

All happy endings to date.

Happy sewing
Deb

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails