Monday, June 30, 2008

It's a Miracle!

Hi Everyone,

Finally made a start on "Pocket full of Miracles" I have a sneak preview of the pocket -


Had to complete the Australiana doll for Australian Homespun first and just couldn't get motivated to finish it. I put it aside to do other things instead and now it's almost due. I will finish her...I will!

I've made the wattle that she will hold, but I would like to redo the embroidery panel. I drew up a little kookaburra and stitched it in suitable colours but the cream thread on tea-stained fabric doesn't show up well enough so a re-stitch is necessary.

Speaking of Australian Homespun Magazine, Holly has her very first project in this June issue with "Bunny Love" wall hanging. It's been a long agonizing wait from July last year and the Young Designers Comp ( top ten finalists) but well worth it. She's looking forward to showing her teachers after the holidays.The blue version that is also shown in the magazine will be for sale soon on the website.
I'm reading the latest John Connolly novel "The Reapers" and trying to restrict myself to night time only (that time-slot may not be a good idea), otherwise I certainly won't get anything done.

Would anyone like to win a pattern for Pocket full of Miracles? To enter the drawer, please leave a comment about anything you like. If you've made one of my patterns, lets hear about it. Send the comment by the 8th July & I'll post a winner shortly after. Full picture of the finished doll next post.

Good luck !

Deb


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, i like the pattern very much!!!
And i read youre weblog almost everyday!

Geetings from Debby
The Netherlands

Anonymous said...

Hi, I love the pattern it looks great. I was a member of your doll pattern club a while back so I am a fan. I really love the 'Pick n Beans' doll, I think it is her ears I love and the tied head dress, she gets many compliments hanging on my wall. Keep up the great work with your designing. I tried to post this before so apologies if I appear twice.

Stephanie
N Ireland (UK)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails