Thursday, August 14, 2008

Renewal

Hi everyone,
Spring has Sprung... almost. You can feel it in the air and all things are in a state of renewal.

Right at this minute though, I have the last project for this year's Doll Club to show - here's Daisy.....she's sooo cute!
I've incorporated a technique called raw edge applique, and it is exactly that. Fun to do because it's quick, yet effective. The daisy petals are made from a light white cotton allowing shadows of the dress fabric to show through, this gives a lovely light, 'washy' effect.

Frills, plenty of detail & lots of fun. I'll be sending them all out by Monday so all Doll Club members will be receiving their copy of Daisy shortly.

Sadly, Xmas Club this year may be the last Doll Club for a little while, only temporarily though, as I will be studying and need to get settled into a regular routine. So unlike previous years I won't be starting off 2009 with the Doll Club. This new chapter is something I've wanted to do for quite a while and I guess all things in their own time. I will still be designing just as much as before and there will be plenty of new projects in the Wattlebee shop as well as regular Newsletters and this Blog. I'll be working just as hard so please keep popping in to see what's on offer.

Happy sewing and follow your dreams

Deb

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails