Sunday, August 31, 2008

school daze

Back to school...back to school, my goodness the day has finally come. I'm really looking forward to it though....hope I'm up to the task. First unit is on textiles....perfect!!

You may have seen the new heading ...Holly's Handmade Buttons & Beads. This is an exciting little development that I am really pleased to promote. Holly is making licorice allsort buttons as I write, and my brain is going into overload deciding on a suitable project to showcase them on. She is always making something and particularly enjoys making small objects from polymer clay. The detail is amazing as well as the enthusiasim....just may not be able to pay the gas bill after all the firings. Can't stifle creativity though!

I am well underway with the Christmas wall hanging , using the 'Peace on Earth' range from Moda is a joy, the fabrics are so beautiful and the Charm pack is a great way to try them all. I don't have to cut my squares...all done for me. I'm working on the applique at present and will post a picture as soon as I can photograph it in good light.

First day of Spring in the morning here. The birds have been exceptionally active as one could expect. Even saw a small one building a nest ( or tending it) above the main entry door of our local shopping complex....right above the large 'C' for Centro. Pipi (cat) has also decided she would rather be outside 'to play', I wonder why! The weather is lovely too! (sorry Stephanie).

I have just finished packaging a really big order for Bohdana in Prague. She is starting up a Doll Club to introduce and encourage doll making in her country and I have had the pleasure of helping her in this endeavour. Pretty exciting stuff!

Well, I guess I should get a good night's sleep, it's been 1 am the last few nights getting patterns sorted, but everything that needs to be done is done....... maybe a little reading before shut eye.

Love to be able to show you a photo of my garden in full 'spring' mode, but it hasn't recovered, as yet, from the construction of the garage and all the big feet. So, I thought I'd show you the plum pudding that will be on 'special' for September. Hopefully I'll have the price changed on the website soon. It's a cutie and non fattening!

Deb

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails